The times when crowns were metallic or significantly different in color from the natural shade of tooth enamel are long gone. Modern dentistry offers a selection of high-quality, durable, and safe materials that are matched to the patient’s tooth color. These materials help preserve a healthy and beautiful smile and a proper bite and protect teeth from further damage.
Alongside ceramic crowns, Dentists from Brickell also offer zirconia crowns. This versatile solution combines remarkable operational characteristics; it possesses excellent rigidity and hardness. They can be customized to make the restored tooth look entirely natural. Furthermore, zirconia is a material known for its exceptional biocompatibility and high manufacturing precision, achieved through CAD/CAM technologies. To enhance the durability of ZrSiO4 crowns, yttrium, and aluminum are added to the material.
Types of Zirconium Crowns
There are two types of zirconium tooth crowns:
- Monolithic: They are entirely zirconia-based, extremely strong, semi-transparent, and resemble a natural tooth.
- Two-layered: They have a zirconia framework and are covered with a ceramic layer on top. These options are now rarely used in dental practice due to certain drawbacks of this design.
Thus, monolithic zirconium dental crowns are the best choice for high-quality dental care. Moreover, if you inquire about how much zirconia crown cost in Brickell, you’ll find that these options offer an optimal balance between price and quality.
Key Advantages of Zirconium Crowns in BrickellDental
In addition to the affordable cost of zirconium crowns, Brickell Dental Clinic offers services provided by professional dentists with extensive experience and recognition for handling even the most complex cases. Every dentist downtown Miami is ready to restore your smile and oral health, offering the full range of benefits of zirconium crowns:
- Zirconium tooth crowns are entirely biocompatible and do not trigger allergic reactions.
- Prosthesis characteristics remain unchanged in the presence of saliva.
- The material is wear-resistant, being 30 times stronger than ceramics.
- The crown thickness is as low as 0.4mm, so in cases of minor tooth damage, removing a substantial amount of the natural enamel is unnecessary.
- The material exhibits low thermal conductivity, which is particularly crucial for temperature-sensitive teeth.
Perhaps the most significant advantage is the absolute comfort for the patient. Thanks to special manufacturing technology, dentist Brickell fits the crown precisely to mimic the shape and contours of the original tooth. It ensures that the bite remains unchanged and the treated tooth does not cause discomfort.
By the way, the manufacturing process of such a crown is automated, allowing for a snug fit: the gap will be no more than 30 microns. In contrast, with metal-ceramic crowns, the gap between supporting teeth and the crown can reach 200 microns, and this flaw leads to the need for crown replacement over time. The wearing time depends on the patient’s lifestyle, the types of foods they prefer, and oral hygiene practices and can extend beyond a decade. However, the opportunity to have such a long-lasting prosthetic solution is a much more appealing prospect.