Look at how peacefully a baby sleeps. You were sleeping likewise just in your childhood. But why can’t do it now? What’s bothering you?
With the evolution of technology and growth, we’re losing our potential of good sleep. But here in this article, we are putting down 9 simple but efficient steps that can lead you to a better and sound sleep. Let’s go through the tips and hopefully these works out for you-
9 Mistakes to Avoid If You Want to Sleep Better
- Be regular with workouts. Regular working outs can help your body to spend up all of your body energy and prepare yourself for a recharging sleep. Now the question comes about when you should work out? Well, the approximate time is before 3 or 4 hours of sleep.
- Don’t let yourself sleep without any trouble. If you have a habit of glancing at the clock several times, that is going to bother your sleep. So, put your alarm clock in a drawer and take it away from your view.
- Power off all the electric items like TV, Computer, Cell Phones and everything similar devices. Because the soft glow that comes out of these devices can hurt your sleep. It would be better if you place a cover on the displays of these devices.
- Try a cooling mattress so that your back and spine don’t get hurt. Because while sleeping, you do stay in many positions. Some of them might reach harm or pain to several parts of the body. So, better use a good quality mattress to stay away from these risks.
- Maintain a neutral position of the neck. Because, while in sleep, the neck is that one part of the body that stays at risk. A single misplaced position of the neck can lead you into a painful day on the neck. So, use the right side of the pillow which is not so flat or large.
- Keep the bed for a personal time. Because your bedroom is that one place where you use to recharge yourself. No matter you keep the bedroom for sleeping or being intimate with your partner, or both. This will lead you towards a mental peace.
- Get used to your body clock instead of a manual one. A few days of habit will lead you to rise up every day at a fixed time. All you need to do is to work on your mental clock.
- Stay away from the caffeine. What we are saying that having a morning cup of coffee to boost up your entire day, but it’s better if you stay out of coffee anything similar to the day starts. Because every bit of the caffeine harms your sleep at night. Not only from the coffee, caffeine can be in the foods like chocolate, drinks, and foods.
- Take your dinner at the right time. It’s harmful to the body if you take heavy foods or big meals at late night. That can really bother your sleep.
Having a good sleep is nothing but maintaining some good habits in your daily lifestyles. Apart from these 9 steps, you can find your own way to loosen up your body while you’re a bed. Talk to a physician if you need to and consult about it. Good luck with your health!